Saturday, March 23, 2013

Regency Ball 2013


 
 Psalm 100:4-5

Enter His gates with thanksgiving
    and His courts with praise;
    give thanks to Him and praise His name.  
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;
    His faithfulness continues through all generations.

Sometimes we go through life with a sort-a "blah" mentality. Than there are days that are tolerable, meaning nothing absolutely rotten happened. But every so often we have a surreal experience, which hints about what Heaven is like, with no horrible, daily blunders, and where a glittering light falls upon us from no certain source. The day just glows. It is perfect. And we thank God for our life; for moments like these make all the "blah" days float away like dust. And in our memories, these are the days, moments, seconds, which we remember. 
Last night was our local Regency Ball, hosted by some fabulous women from our Home School community. 
And I was reminded how good, merciful and AWESOME our God is.
It was a sparkling jewel in the starry-chain called memory. For last night, may I be forever grateful.



My beautiful friend Kaitlyn was my "date". She is so lovely and encouraged my heart as we talked about the Cross, and Easter while we drove the long way to the ball. It is funny how God can put a fellow Christian in your way to say something so precious, at just the moment you need it. Funny? Yeah. Coincidence? I don't think sooooooooooo! (We were gabbing and crying so much we got lost and went 15 minutes out of our way by missing our turn off...our how funny girls can be!)
 
 Kaitlyn is studying Music at university and sang to me during the drive. I think being someone with no musical talent whatsoever, makes me more inclined to appreciate and thank God for her talents.
While we drove, she sang a song from Anastasia. I  came home and found it on youtube (but if you can believe it, she sings it even better than this version from the movie-ah well, I'm posting the movie version here)



  I wore my white Swiss, with a gold overgrown which I threw together last minute.
 Everyone was so kind, and I received lots of compliments, which is very gratifying when you pour yourself into a project like this.
One person told me I was the 'real deal' and looked like I was from a movie. Ah! So sweet. That was truly nice!

 The gold over-dress closes under the bust with hooks and eyes. 
The button are purely ornamental. 
Notice the tassels? They went with the cream plume I wore in my hair.

The back of the dress has a v-shaped back-bodice to fit
the white gown back-bodice. This way the white puffed-sleeves fit nicely and are not restricted from "puffing" by a regular-shaped over-dress bodice.  
Much love,
With a Blessed Heart,

Lexi

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful, Lexi! You do certainly like you stepped out of the Regency period! I love that gold overdress as well! It's absolutely gorgeous.

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete