Sunday, July 13, 2014

Life and Other Things...

So, life is a funny thing.
It never seems to unfold like we expect.
Hmmmm.
Why am I surprised by this?
I have lived too many years to not understand the concept that
"God works in mysterious ways" and that "His ways are Higher than our ways" and yet I am always surprised when my life goes in another direction than the one I had planned on.
Like, for instance, this month. By now, I had PLANNED to have lovely photos from the Fort Stanton CW reenactment to show you. I had PLANNED to be packing for church camp. I had planned for a peaceful and restful July.

This was not to be.
I am making a wedding dress for a friend, and must finish it in less than a months time.
See? This is how life works.
My dear friend "D" (who is a few years older than I) has ministered in my life  for many years, all the way through upper highschool and beyond. She is a fabulous child of God, and has always led a pure life.
So, in January, "D" meets "J" while working at a local church.
"D" and "J" start courtship.
"D" and "J" get engaged.
"D" wants the wedding to take place withen 2 MONTHS.
"D" comes to me, she wants a wedding dress sewn.
What is there to DO except order 6 yards of silk online and just DO IT?

So...I sew....and sew... and wedding dress sewing is not easy.
But for a friend?
Well....that is life.
That is good ol' unexpected, but ever adventurous LIFE!

xoxox
Lexi
So pray this dress works out...that everything works from design to putting together.

And one MORE thing about life.
I got an unexpected camera, for better photos and new you tube videos. Lots of historical fashion vids coming your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment