Friday, August 29, 2014

August In Focus


August, where have you gone?
You past so swift as on rushing winds,
You blinded me by your speed,
You awed me by your happiness,

You delighted me with returning friends and family,

And I am still trying to find my feet and recover,
Remembering all the moments, all the gifts,


Trying to piece together all the lessons I have learned,
 

 Thank You August,

You have come and nearly gone,
Thank You August
Come Again
~*~
I am excited and sad to have this month nearly behind me. 
It brought great happiness and gifts, but also wore me out and made me take a break and breathe. 
"Be Still And Know That I Am God", this whispers inside of me. So before I head out with my family to the mountains for a long Labor Day in our cozy cabin, I leave you with memories...


 Sewed a Sari Regency Gown 

Teaching VBS...I was Craft Lady...pretty awesome title

  Completed sewing my first Wedding Dress
 
 Started to experiment with home-made lotion and body-scrub recipes for Christmas gifts.... 

 Took a trip to the work market to get Boba so i could make my own Boba tea...
And Boba Coffee!

Sewed a Renaissance Princess Costume
 

 While cutting out said Princess dress, Olaf decided to nap on the fabric.
I rolled him off the fabric, he rolled back on...it became a game....to him!

 Downloaded a free book on Napoleonic Costumes  from the Met Museum....

 My dear Mommsey and I watched "Funny Face" and she found me a book on Audrey Hepburn...
 So inspired by such an iconic lady...

My sister Raven came home from Tanzania and brought me beautiful fabrics...with elephants!
We had a great time before she headed back to College.

 Lastly, enjoyed the sunshine with my darling Olaf
  
xoxoxo 
Lexi



No comments:

Post a Comment