Friday, August 22, 2014

Hello Miss Polk-A-Dot: A 1950's Dress




"There once was a girl who liked
 sunshine...
and summer BBQ's...
sweet iced tea...
and besides these things--
she loved polk-a-dots..."



Then, when the Fourth of July required a new dress, it was handy that she had a length of navy blue polk-a-dot cotton (given to her by her Mama after she lost her beloved dog), half cut out. 
Sew she did with much delight, having not had much time to sew for herself during her busy summer.


The dress she made had a button-up front, (two darts in the front bodice, and two darts in the back bodice) with five buttons, a collar, cuffs, and 1/4 circle skirt attached to the bodice.
The skirt had lace sewn to the hem!

The belt was detachable-made with a vintage buckle found in a garage sale stash!

The collar sported a cream bow.

Even a hair-bow was made to finish off the outfit.

"Miss Polk-A-Dot, how do you do?"

xoxoxo
Lexi

P.S
For inspiration, prior to making this dress, Miss Polk- A-Dot created
a pinterest board.
Give it a peep! HERE

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a darling dress! And the lace on the bottom is simply perfect :)

    I came across your pretty blog while visiting a friend's blog and your icon intrigued me so I clicked on it and here I am. You have a delightful site and I am a happy new follower. Looking forward to many more visits!

    Blessings and hugs to you! Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie, your comment meant a lot to me! I popped over to your blog as well, and I adored the Love story about you and your husband! I am a new happy follower of your blog as well.
      Blessings!

      Delete