Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Language of Flowers-Outfit Post

"Your life is a poem, let God fill in the verses"

When I was about 16 years old, I wanted to be a botanist.
 I would take long tramps around our neighborhood during spring and photograph all the flowers in every-bodies lawn, probably breaking some sort of "no trespassing" law. Thankfully no one seemed to mind much and I was very well entertained that summer. My family was not blessed with the ever covetous "green thumb"  but my Mother has always been fond and proud of her roses, which she has always maintained in the three different houses we have lived in.
Her roses are just coming out.
 I for one love the language of flowers and what they mean. So wonderful to read books on the subject, such as my copy of Kate Greenaways Language of Flowers. A little worn around the edges, it is much loved.
 My outfit post is an outfit from yesterday when I wore my new peach skirt I found at the thrift store. I could not believe a found such a perfect "me" skirt in the perfect size. I actually owe its discovery to my dear sister Emily who spotted it when I did not. This proves that thrifting with two is better than thrifting alone. Its a scavenger hunt that requires a team! Add a belt and some vintage peach beads (also found by my sis) and you are set.


 Lace Inset Shirt-Thrifted// Peach Skirt-Thrifted//Necklace-Thrifted//Belt-Catos

xoxoxo
God Bless you!
Lexi and Olaf
P.S What is your favorite flower? Mine are orchids.







5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful outfit Lexi! I like every part of it, especially the belt with the skirt.
    It's fun to study the language of flowers! Daffodils are my favorite kind of flower. :) Sometimes I think it would be fun to get an orchid and give it all the work it needs....not sure I could pull it off though. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paige! I like daffodils too, especially because they are one of the first flowers to bloom here where I live. I have had several orchids...but I kill them off! Oh well!

      Delete
    2. Oh dear! Hopefully one shall survive someday. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the skirt and blouse! So pretty! My favorite flower might be daisies. They are simple and often don't smell nice, but seem to dance and laugh in the fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! Ohhh! I love your description of dancing daisies! So pretty! Blessings to you! thanks for the comment!

      Delete