Thursday, June 25, 2015

Vintage Outfit-I See Bubbles

"The cottons woods released their glorious tufts, which floated down like bubbles!"
-My thought this afternoon when I was wearing very cloudy glasses....


 Howdy dear readers! How are you all doing? I would really love to know, so PLEASE leave me a comment!
 The weather in New Mexico is hotter than hot lately. We were in the 104-111 degree ballpark this Fathers Day weekend. Everyone who's AC is not up in runnin' is SCRAMBLING for cool air! 
I met some friends for coffee and got to wear my latest thrift store score, a vintage dress set.
I bought it for $8! Wow! Praise God for good deals! 
I think this set is from the 70's. It is definitely vintage of some sort. The tag has been cut out, but I can see the stub so I know it was store bought rather than homemade.
 
 It is polyester, but not a stuffy, weird kind. It felt very cool and breezy today. It has a dress with fitted waist, that could almost be 1960's I think. 
A matching self-fabric belt and a sheer jacket. It fits like a glove, not too tight, not too loose. So I can easily dance and groove in it!
Has a center skirt seam in the front and tiny pleats on each front side, laying flat in front.
There is a bitty tape sewn on the inside to keep the waist from stretching. I did hem it about 4 inches to a better length for me.  

 Hope you enjoyed this post! Send me your thoughts on this outfit!
xoxo Lexi




No comments:

Post a Comment