Monday, August 3, 2015

Outfit Post-1940's Inspired

                                                                     

"In every situation, there is a reason to Thank God, in every circumstance, a time to give Praise"



Hello dear Readers!
I just got back from such a busy week on a mission trip. You know, there is so much that can go wrong on a trip with 42 people from 3 different churches. But, there is also so much BEAUTY that comes from a group of Christ-lovers who jump into a project and get the job done. They love. They cry. They share their testimonies of faith. They help the weak ones. They show they care. I am truly blessed to have worked with such a wonderful team. ! So BLESSED!
~*~
Today I have a 1940's inspired outfit. The skirt I made awhile back and had to remake because I shrunk several sizes.  The blouse and purse are thrift-ed. I have to say I looked quite fancy at the vets office when I took Olaf to get shots, but hey! 
 
My purse is so small, but super cute! I love messenger style bags. And this one is mini! 


                                               
     My shoes are from Payless and are made by a brand called "Lower East Side". There were on clearance and I wish I had grabbed two pairs now! They have lace inserts, ties and don't have too much of a heel which I really like!



My knit blouse, which I found second hand, 
truly reminds me of the 1940's. It has lattice work on the yoke, decorated with a self-knit ruffle! The back has a cute keyhole!

 

I took the skirt in about 4 inches! I re-pleated it to the waistband and re-inserted the zip! The skirt I made for Independence day several years ago has a new leash on life! Note the wide box pleat in front, it then goes into directional pleating around the sides.


The necklace is one I got at a "For King and Country" concert last October! I LOVE that band! 



My earrings are bows, which I wear whenever my owl earrings don't go with something! I only have a couple pairs of earrings that I rotate. I would like more, but I try to keep my costs down!


Hope you all enjoyed! What did you like about my outfit? Do you like "For King and Country" ?
Love you all!





2 comments:

  1. Super cute outfit! Btw, you have lovely hair. I have some wild hair that curls differently everyday and it is hard to tame at times. You have styled yours in a very pretty manner. :-) ~Lisa (Paige's mum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute look Lexi! I like those shoes....Payless is a good place. ;) How awesome that you got to go on a missions trip too.!

    ReplyDelete