Happy October Lovelies!
How Have you been?
I have been dandy! Life is speeding up over in my neck of the woods, and beauty is everywhere to be found. God Is so good to me. I spend my weeks helping at church, teaching a Civil War class, dancing, sewing for friends and work, sipping tea and adoring my cute dog.
Here are some snapshots of my life this fall.
1. I danced in our State Fair Parade!
2.Received a FABULOUS handmade necklace from my friend Rachel in P.A., and found a FEATHER belt at the thrift store! They pair nicely I think....
3.Olaf was crowned with his own wreathe...he looks less than impressed...but don't feel to bad for him, he got a bone after this abuse...
4.Preparing an Alice In Wonderland costume...
5. Vinatge thrift store finds, isn't this lamp sweet?
6. Made some alterations to my old Renaissance Faire dress to take to the Houston Ren Faire this weekend! I had to take in about 4 inches, added a belt to the waist and lace to the hem (not pictured) and lastly made a wreathe. (That matches Olaf's wreath!)
7. Sewing a mid 19th century work gown for my Aunt out of reproduction fabric! *squee*
8. My Granny got me some comfy fall boots....so warm...so soft! I am a big lover of Moccasins!
9. Vintage floral apron score, with inserted lace detail. Say WHAT?
10. Got official Folklorico pictures, and it is hard to tell its me in my traditional outfit!
At least, some people think so!
What say you?
I am packing up and heading to visit some newly wed friends in Houston.
I will see you all when I come back!
Blessings to you!
What have you been up to lately that you love?