Sunday, January 24, 2016

Good Intentions

Are they good enough?

Most people don't rise up each morning in the determination to make mistakes, blunder socially or hurt loved ones. Generally, most of us want to make the most of our day, in a helpful and loving way.
No one seeks a bad day at work, no one yearns to trip others and stutter over their words. 

And for us Christians who are pressing onward and upward, diligently seeking the will of God, we probably want our day to shine as a LIGHT.


We have Good Intentions.

Come close. Lean your ear to my lips, let me whisper truth, let me confess reality----
My greatest mistakes and most embarrassing lessons-learned have come when I had the best of good intentions.

Seriously people.
I regret the most the times when I did not mean any harm.

I did not mean to.

I thought for many years that I could hide behind that quip. It was not my intention....I did not mean it that way...
And my favorite:
It was not in my heart....

Then I realized...it dawned in just a few weeks what I had never seen during the seasons of many years...
I am still responsible.

I cannot hide behind intentions.

And then, my heart cracked and I realized something jarring,
Maybe my motives were not as pure, not as innocent, not as cognitive as I had thought.

The knees hit hard the floor.

I was reminded of that stinging verse,

Isaiah 64:6 (NIV)
All of us have become like one who is unclean,

 and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;

we all shrivel up like a leaf,
    and like the wind our sins sweep us away.


There is a time dear people, to defend ourselves, there is also a time to admit defeat and abandon the shields of self-protection we cling to. 

Cast wide those character-cover ups, and fall....

fall into the merciful hands and the soul-changing power of Almighty God. 

A process? Yes. Humbling, indeed-y. 
Saying, "I am so sorry", is so much harder than "I did not mean to"...
but, you want good news now?

Humility is soul-training. It is good for us to hurt and run from the old man and toward the Heavenly path.

Run with me won't you?
The hard, soul-slashing path heavenward?

Much Love,
Yours,
ever learning,

Lexi





8 comments:

  1. This was a word from the Lord for me today! Thank you for sharing. You wrote what was on your heart so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for saying that. Your blog blesses me Bonnie!

      Delete
  2. Amen. You put it very well, Lexi. Thanks for saying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I just now find your blog?! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog and now excuse me while I follow yours ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia. I appreciate your words of reflection you post on your blog. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. Good words Friend. <3 ~Lisa (Paige's mom)

    ReplyDelete