Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Life in Focus-January



"Thy gentleness hath made me great,
 and I would gentle  be,
 Tis love that plans my lot-not fate! 
Lord teach this grace to me. . ."
excerpt from "Mountain of Spices"  ( sequel to "Hinds Feet on High Places)
by missionary Hannah Hurnard,

(The new USPS stamps just released at my local PO are just beautiful! I love the artwork that goes into such simple things)

Hello readers! I had a great begining to 2016,  and by great I mean the Lord has really been teaching me about prayer, gentleness, self-sacrifice and peace during my quiet times. Its so exciting to feel like HE is there growing you and aiding you, helping you along and teaching your heart so many deep things. Half the time I don't feel I can fully comprehend it all, the peace in stress, the prayer in busy times, the gentleness amid so much ungraciousness. But, I know it is His work, not my own striving, that will transform us into Christ-likeness.
~*~*~
January 2016, 
in no particular order, 
see here, beauty. . .

1. Finishing -folkloric practice skirt for my dancing

2. Reading-books to uplift the Spirit

3. Starting-A Civil War dress

4.Writing- Scriptures, prayers, notes, and beautiful quotes

5. Adoring-This blessing

6. Working-sewing, fitting and tweaking costumes at the theatre

7.Attempting-the contact phenomenon for performance purposes

8. Appreciating-relief from dry legs 
 

9. Squealing- over my dream-come-true with cherries on top , behold-

10.Assembling-Blessing bags for local woman in need

Love you dear readers! It is amazing what happens when you take your lens around and see, just see, the blessings all around.

What was special about your January?

I would love to know-so comment below-
won't you? 

xoxo
Lexi  

8 comments:

  1. I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!! Costuming for theatre AND Riverdance?!?!?!?!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he. I costume at a local children's dance theatre, and bought tickets to River Dance lol. I am very excited!

      Delete
  2. What a charming post!
    I just found your blog and am thoroughly enchanted; you definitely have yourself a new follower. :)

    Ava
    http://landofquiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ava! I am so happy you liked it! =)

      Delete
  3. Fun post Lexi! :D And how beautiful that the Lord is working in and through you.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only girl who loves her doggie. ;)
    How do you like wearing contacts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paige dear! Yes, dog love all the way! I am okay with contacts. I will always be a glasses wearer, but for sport related activities they are really handy. I still don't like having them in my eyes for a long time tho =)

      Delete
  4. How awesome!!! :) Looks like a neat month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting handwriting! (I assume that is your writing). Are you left handed? I'm just curious... James is perhaps my favorite book of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete