Monday, February 22, 2016

Magnificat-God Glory


Psalm 34:3 (KJV)

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
~*~
I am not going to lie, it has been a rough week.
Every member of the family has had some sort of trial fall upon them, a sort of pile-up you could say.
All at once.
There were prayers, kleenex and a great many cups of hot cocoa. 
It's been a good week, just in the sense that a lot has been accomplished, but it was neither smooth nor easy sailing. 


Sometimes our work for the glory of God is anything but glorious. 

Truth right there folks....

So, several evenings ago I was extremely relieved to have planned an evening out with an older lady from church. I have been hanging on to some ballet tickets for two weeks, and the performance date had arrived. God really knows what we need before we need it. (I have several other examples of that evident in my life right now). 


Turns out there is a professional Christian ballet company called "Magnificat". Their purpose is to glorify the name of Christ through high-quality dance productions. And. . . they do exactly that.
One of the reasons I bought tickets to this (even in the wake of attending Riverdance ) is from pure amazement of what this company was attempting, and curiosity to see how they would execute it...
What a gift to transform the arts into a pathway to point cross-ward, to Jesus.  
In their ballet about spiritual warfare, inspired by C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters, Ballet Magnificat  blew my mind out of the water!

"Stratagem" is not your typical ballet. 
Infused with the schemes and tactics employed by Satan's forces, this ballet is moving, jarring, and ultimately soul-stirring. I highly doubt anyone could leave without asking a few questions about faith, temptation and personal weaknesses. 
During Act 2 I could not help but thanking the Lord. Here we were, our eyes filled with some heavy, dark concepts, and yet there it was. 
Good will win folks. Reality is, this weakness is temporary. Our hearts will be made perfect one day, our bodies new!
 It came first as a whisper in my heart, then proceeded from my lips. Oh Jesus...my savior. 
My comforter and provider. What have I to offer except my praise?
So yes,
Magnify the Lord, I will.
And as the dancers came back on stage at the end of the ballet, something unexpected happened. 
An echo of my heart. 
A dance of praise, of worship. 
 For the honor of One.
That is why they danced. That is why we all must do whatever we do.
For the Glory and Magnification of God.

Luke 1:46-50

Mary's Song of Praise: The "Magnificat"

 And Mary said,
“My soul magnifies the Lord,


    and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.

    For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
 
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
    and holy is his name.
 
And his mercy is for those who fear him

    from generation to generation..."

When we focus on the Glory of God, rather than the everyday grit of life, our perspective shifts. Will you join me? 
Refocus, shifting our gaze from the earth, to the Holy?
 ~*~

Love you people so much!
Take care!


-Yours ever learning-

~Lexi 


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography and words! I will join you in focusing on the Lord. :)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete