Thursday, March 24, 2016

Get to Know Me -A Tag


The lovely Paige over at Sunday Best and All the Rest tagged me, and I am sitting down  now to catch some rest and write it in a blog post!

Today was one of those rare days when you feel every range of emotion from failure, to succes! It is indeed an experience to be human, to feel, to love to think over life. I am never weary of wonderment. Never at a lose for awe. Though my feet get tired, though my mind asks questions, there is always this-eyes to see and wonder. 
How strange we mortals be! 

As this is Holy Thursday, going into Good Friday, the wonderment of Easter fills the mind. Beyond me! So beyond me. Beyond my capability to handle it all, to process it all. 

 I am so happy to be here. Thankful for you bloggers. Thankful for life. There is so much beauty, and as Easter has taught us, there would not be beauty and goodness without the discomforts we face.

~*~*~*~*~
Firsts:

Best Friend: I had some wonderful early friends. But going back really far, it would be my imaginary friend, Reeny. He was about 2 inches tall and a mailman. He lived in our tree.
Award: Um! I won a first place ribbon for science fair in first grade! Believe it or not I was public schooled until second grade!
Sport: Dance, ever since my first VHS copy of Riverdance when I was four! Although I have always loved to recreational swim.
Real Holiday: Probably flying to Vermont to visit my cousins at their summer home by the lake. I was four, and this trip remains emblazoned in my memory because I almost drowned during this trip (thank you Nicki for saving me!)
Concert: Like actual legit concert? I can't remember if it was SuperChick ( popular Christian pop/rock band in the early 2000's) or Newsboys. One of the two.

Favorites:   

Film:
Jane Eyre, but YOU already know that!
TV Show: Currently I am obsessed with The Great British Baking Show. Really bad thing to watch, it will make you jump up, halt life, and bake biscuits! (Just ask my MOTHER--who, granted, has yet to complain!)
Color: Really like to wear navy and coral, but am very found of the whole spectrum of oranges, yellows and peach hues.
Song: I love "Manifesto" by The City Harmonic. I mean it has the Lord's Prayer in it! How cool is that? Also love Enya's new CD (Dark Sky Island), and Celtic Woman.
Restaurant: It's called "Annie's Soup Kitchen" and it's an old-fashioned lunch place that has sandwiches and the best French Onion soup ever! It is where my mother and I go together, so it's kind of a special place in my heart!
Books: The Collected Poem of William Wordsworth
Currently:

Feeling: Amazed! A lot has happened today!
Single or Taken? Single. Haven't minded it so far.
 Eating: On our way to go out to dinner!
Watching: My fam watched a movie called "Tracks" about a girl who walked 2,000 miles across Australia with four camels in the 1970's.
 Wearing: One of my homemade dresses and pink cardigan.

Future:
 

Want Children? Yes! I  have a couple names picked out.
Want to be Married? Yes, of course.
Careers in Mind: Just keep doing my sewing thing. I love the theater I work at part time.
Where do you want to live? Here in my hometown. Never been one for wanting to leave where my family is. But, God knows best.

Do You Believe In:

God: I would hope that is apparent!
Miracles: Yes!
Love at first sight: Good question. (Paige worded this so perfectly, my thinking is similar to hers) There is a physical attraction that can happen almost instantly. And if you don't think that, just wait till it happens to you, or take other people's word for it! God can use that. However we all know way more is required. I do know for a fact that you can be attracted to somebody and not pursue anything because you have standards. That is a TRUTH that society doesn't believe very much. But it is possible. 
Ghosts: Holy Ghost? ;) I believe in Him.
Aliens: Little green men? Nah. We have Star Trek for that.
Heaven: It's our hope!
Hell:  Yes.
Kissing on the first date:  Yeah, that would be a no ;)
Yourself: I'm just thankful right now, and really looking forward to Easter!

My Tags:
I tag you! Please do it if you want to!  

 

xoxo
Lexi

4 comments:

  1. That was fun, Lexi! Its fun to read a few extra things about you!... I hope your Resurrection Sunday is wonderful and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this! It was fun and insightful to read your answers. It's scary that you almost drowned...yet you still enjoy swimming. That's a good thing. :) And your favorite restaurant sounds like a good place.
    Have a good time celebrating the resurrection this weekend! It is indeed an awe-inspiring thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just discovered your blog and I'm loving it! All these answers are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just discovered your blog and I'm loving it! All these answers are so good.

    ReplyDelete