Friday, April 15, 2016

Summer Style 1//Flashback Childhood

 "I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in LOVE, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God's love and to know the Messiah's love that surpasses knowledge so you may be filled with all the FULLNESS of  GOD."
Eph. 3:17b-19

Confession time. I am learning to say no, to say I can't do it all. That I struggle. 
That others are right.  Yeah. . .
And I can say that to you, but it's hard to say to others in my life.
And that is where I have asked for forgiveness. And ask for Grace. And that's good and right. And it's very  hard.
 And God is God.
 ~*~*~*~

Summer Style 1-Flasback Childhood
 
A little over a week ago, my family went to a thrift store in the evening. I had scouted some stuff earlier that day, and we returned as a unit to make final purchases! 

I had found something, put it back, gone back, caressed it, put it back. 
Finally grabbed it.
I did not know if I'd even end up wearing it.
But I took the risk.
 
So...a romper from the 1990's. Floral print, zip in back. Baggy shorts.
 I was sooooo proud. Just so happy!
 My sister, who was not part of the unit raid to the thrift store, but still, being part of our unit, eagerly wanted to see our finds. It's a family tradition of sorts-- to show of all your finds. 

I showed her all the stuff I got, except this. 
She knew I was hiding something.
She asked.
I made her PROMISE not to laugh.
She asked "That bad?"

I ran off to try it on for her.

She laughed, bent over on a bench, in laughter!

My parents loved it, our roomey Lisa LOVED it!
Emily loved to laugh at it. 
It was pretty great.
I laughed too.

I love it! So comfy! Since it looks like a dress, but is not, I can do a bunch of kicks and also not worry about the wind blowing my skirt up.
Convenience?
 Yes.
A little geeky?
Perhaps!

It even came with a lace embellishments. Come now

It's completely fitted, has a raised bodice with box pleats coming out. It makes for a nicely fitted look on top, with a flowy "skirty" bottom.

Anyways, best $5 I have spent of late. So many memories too.

I hope you all will enjoy seeing some of my summer style in the next few months.

God Bless!

~Yours ever learning and confessing~

Lexi

9 comments:

  1. That is such a cute outfit! I LOVE the romper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and outfit. You have such a nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good words in the beginning there. It's hard to admit one is wrong, but it's part of growth!
    Hey, rompers are totally back in right now! ;) The shoes you used here are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agh, I love it!! I've been thinking about trying out some rompers myself (as soon as I can find some modest/affordable ones. XD ) I love dresses, but the wind-blowing-skirt problem is real. We have the same "tradition" with showing our shopping finds. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. That is such a cute outfit! And the lace embellishment is really a nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love thrift store shopping; it's amazing what you can find! I'm new to your piece of the internet, and having fun looking around:)
    Thanks for sharing your memories and cute outfit with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the vintage outfit, rompers are the best!

    ReplyDelete