Sunday, May 15, 2016

I Want You to Know


Do you know what I love about reading blogs? 
Why I spend time scrolling through my feed each day?

It used to be for various reasons.
I loved to see what people were sewing, I loved to see the things people were recreating.
I was focused on learning new information regarding my hobbies and interests.

Now, I just love reading about the people.
I want the stories.
The truth, the realities.
The prayers, the songs.
The heartcry.
I want to see their baking and their clothes too, but mostly I want to hear their thoughts.
What did you read? Why did that make such an impact on your precious heart?
Tell me about that time when you struggled, how did you come out the way you have?

I love how blogging can allow folks to share their deep spiritual truths with me...
a person they will probably never meet.

Yet please know dear bloggers, your words have an impact on me.

I think about what you have said as I drive to work.
I remember that quote you posted during our Sunday service. I am relieved when I feel something you felt, and I know that I am not alone in this.

I love how you let me see you,
let me know I have fellow sojourners in this thing called life.

I love how I can relate.
How I can relate to you, a writer many thousands of miles away.
And sometimes, 
sometimes I am so moved,
that I pray for you.

Yes, I do.

Your words, they don't have to be perfect.
I appreciate your honesty.
You can write something, and then learn and come back and tell us you have learned something different.
I like it when you tell me your joys.
And I feel your sorrows too.

This thing called life,
it is wonderful to express it in words.
And you dear blogger,
you are BLESSED with that gift.

Not everyone can share as you do.
Not everyone has the courage to stand up and speak truth to the internet.
Or to let others see them honestly.

Especially when our lives aren't perfect.

But you have courage.

And I want you to know,

....that I count you one of my greatest inspirations.

When I am worn out from a long day, when I need to zone out and rest my weary personhood on the couch, I reach for the laptop.
And,
I go to your blog, to read YOUR thoughts.

So, thanks friend. 

Thank you to all my fellow bloggers.

You are truly a light in my life,

May God Bless You and Keep You,
May He make the Sun to Shine upon You

as you write, and share, and learn with the rest of us--on these precious corners we have,
called blogs.


With Gratitude
~Lexi


2 comments:

  1. Aaargh! This was so beautifully put! You have such a sweet heart!!!!!!! Totally made my day.... sometimes I think that nobody notices or really cares about what I write... but you know, maybe someone does, so that keeps me going. :) Thank you for your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexi! Thank you so much for coming by my blog and leaving such a sweetly encouraging comment for me! I was thinking all day about whether I was wise to put such personal thoughts on my blog; but when I came to this beautiful post of yours I knew it had been the right thing to do. :-) I am going to write a post soon about being open and honest on my blog, and how I hope it helps others - may I link to this post when I do?

    Also, I am going to follow you as soon as I post this comment! :-) So glad to have "met" you and I look forward to getting to know you better in the future! We have a lot in common (like Jane Eyre and loving historical clothing)!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Love in Christ,
    Vicki
    http://nomoreafraid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete