Sunday, May 1, 2016

Live in the Sunshine


"But I enter Your house by the Abundance of Your Faithful Love"

Psalm 5:7

Hello dear friends,
Can you believe it is May? Already? Just like that *snaps*?
I can hardly, that's for sure.
 April has flown by. It has disappeared before I noticed it was saying goodbye.

I have been really learning a lot in April about God's Love. 
You probably think that after being a Christian for so many years I'd have that figured out and down pat by now. 
But, no,
not really.
The Bible says the Messiah's Love surpasses knowledge (Eph. 3:19).

It is unfathomable that it is not performance based. 
I still don't get it.
And I have observed it's sometimes harder for mature Christians, who have been saved for many years, to bask in that love and forgiveness. Our mind's turn. 

"Lord, I have been walking in Your truth these 20 years at least, shouldn't I have some stuff down by now? Like knowing Your character?"

Yeah, thus some look into my deep spiritual thoughts.
Oh my.

I don't receive forgiveness very well because it's hard to not be consumed by remorseful feelings.
I realize some folks struggle with not feeling enough remorse, but frankly many others can't let it go.
I think the lack of being able to give my burdens and sins to God stems mostly from not understanding His loving nature. 

You have no idea how much I thought about this, over and over, to come to such a simple conclusion!

But really, it takes an understanding of Love, to have Faith and Trust in someone.
And since God's love defies our human comprehension of what love is (even our most positive experiences with it) it can be a long quest to truly seek out what it means that:
"God is Love" (1 Peter 4:16)

 Just like He is "Holy, Holy, Holy,"
just as He is "Creator",
just as He is "All Knowing"
and
"All Just"
He is Love.

We are not all love. Everyone I have ever met, saved or not, has had some form of a loving nature, but it definitely was not wholly pure or a complete part of their person.
  
So the struggle is real.

To understand, or ponder somthing we are not capable of being.
Fully Love.

We can grow, but until perfection, we are indeed looking in a mirror dimly.(1 Cor. 13:12)

Which is indeed discouraging for some of us who yearn to escape the corruptable in the immediate.
But, as a song we sang last Sunday went:

"Cheer up my brothers,
live in the Sunshine,
We'll understand it,
All By and By" 


Yours, with Love,
Lexi   


P.S
Guess what I made this weekend?
They are so wonderful, I highly recommend them for your next bake sale!
When you bite into them the filling center goos out, and gah, it's just delightful!

5 comments:

  1. Yes!! It is sooooo hard to believe that it is already May!!

    God's love truly is amazing and unfathomable.

    Oooooo!! They look yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your enthusiasm dear Erudessa! Your wonderful!

      Delete
  2. This post reminds me so much of myself...it's so hard to grasp God's love, and to remember that it's unearned! Thank you so much for sharing wisdom from the Word and the old hymn. It was definitely timely for me. <3
    Happy May (wow!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post, Lexi. And I get what you're saying. It is hard sometimes to let things go and really believe that you've been forgiven. Yeah, and as Christians who've known the Lord our entire lives it's also hard not to put pressure on ourselves and assume that we ought to be a lot further along on this journey then we really are. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. :)

    Oh! And those Boston Cream Pie cupcakes look absolutely delicious!! You're making me seriously hungry!

    One more thing. I tagged you over at my blog if you're interested. http://marchramblings.blogspot.com/2016/05/so-when-youve-been-tagged.html There's no pressure to do it if you don't want to, though.

    Have a lovely day, Lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes?????? YES PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete