Friday, May 6, 2016

Summer Style 2// Cinco De Mayo

"Cinco de Mayo—or the fifth of May—commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867). A relatively minor holiday in Mexico, in the United States Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations. Cinco de Mayo traditions include parades, mariachi music performances and street festivals in cities and towns across Mexico and the United States."~ History.com

 Hola mi amigas!
Well yesterday was a day which I look forward to every year, and as has been my custom for the last few years, I dressed up for it!
I call this one "Fiesta for Work" and yes, I did go into work like this, which is why it did not get blogged about yesterday!
Can I just say that I love festive colors? I thought my mustard yellow skirt I made back in November looked very nice (minus the bow it used to have.)

My jewelry included a colorful bead bracelet and one of my favorite necklaces featuring stone-cut birds. And although the bracelet is from Ecuador and the necklace is more of a Native American piece, I really liked their bright colors.

My awesome trio of flowers definitely made everything tie in. I love the flower headpieces we wear in Folkloric dance and these colors were so pretty...

I really did a last minute job making it with floral wire, just fast and simple:
 The big bobby pins were reinforced by smaller ones, once the headpiece was installed at the peak of my updo.
You can see it forms a nice "cap" for the crown of a bun. I will want to wear this again for sure.

But the main attraction of this outfit is my embroidered blouse/dress. 
I wish you could see it in person!  It was a gift from my grandmother a few years ago, and I try to wear it on Cinco. Very special.

And so, that is that!
I had a great day, praise the Lord, and ended it with dance practice! (Although I admit I had to sadly change from this grandeur into more athletic clothes.)

I hope you enjoyed this! 
Much love to you!

xoxo
~Yours ever trying to be festive~
Lexi

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I LOVE the bright colours!! :) And they are worn by such a beautiful young lady. May you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun outfit! Your blouse is so pretty. :D Your pup looks pretty cute too with a mini sombrero. ;)
    So, where do you work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is such a pretty outfit! I love how colorful it is. And that blouse is gorgeous!! :D

    ReplyDelete