Thursday, October 6, 2016

How To//Wedding Wreath


Hello lovely people!

With the upcoming nuptials of our dear friend and house-mate Lisa, we have been in wedding prep mode.
Parties and packing and arranging and sooooooo many bottles of sparkling cider!

In todays's post I thought I'd share how to make a wreath. This is one method out of countless, and although I make these primarily as wedding gifts, you can make them just for decoration. 

SUPPLLIES 
You will need:
-A grapevine wreath 
-Wired wide ribbon
-A garland of flowers/leaves
-Larger flowers
-Decorations i.e. little birdies or a small chalkboard sign
-Scissors
-Hot glue
-A form of wire to make a hanger in the back

Let's Get Started
1.
Start by taking your wide ribbon and winding it around your wreath base.

2.
Secure the tail end neatly in the back with hot glue.

3.
Next take your long garland and assess your wreath. This time I cut my garland into sections and tucked them into every other ribbon row . I secured with plenty of glue. 
Alternatively, you can wrap the garland whole around the wreath. Play around till you find something that looks pleasing.

4.
Take your larger flowers and place in odd numbers wherever you want. 
I used two sets of three flowers and placed them diagonally from each other.

5.
Add your sign with a small bit of floral wire. This sign was placed to the side of the center front. 


6. 
Make a loop "hanger" in the back of the wreath by weaving some wire through the grapevine and twisting ends together.  
Tip:
 This handy "vine-wire" available at hobby lobby is my new favorite item to use.


7.
At this point, I found it helpful to hang my wreath up and figure out the placement of  my critters, 
Glue in place.


And then you should end up with a lovely wreath.
Enjoy!

I hope you liked this project, it is simple yet very pleasing.
All of my friends seem to have really enjoyed these as presents because they can use them as home decor after the wedding. 

Hopefully this inspires someone to try it.
And please make sure to use your half-off coupons at your craft store!


Much love,
Lexi

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! :) Gorgeous. Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I'll have to try this sometime :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping over to let you know I tagged you for the Blogger Recognition Award. :)
    http://marchramblings.blogspot.com/2016/10/blogger-recognition-award.html

    ReplyDelete