Hello readers, I have been so busy!
Not sewing really, but lots of other things have had me attention.
But, after a couple of weeks, I am finishing an outfit that has been on my project list for awhile.
My Edwardian Sailor outfit!
Complete it is not, a zipper awaits the back skirt and I may permanently tack the collar down, even though I originally thought I'd keep it separate.
The blouse buttons up with handsewn button holes, but the placket buttons on the skirt are just ornamental.
My blouse is loose (the sleeves a little too much!) but the skirt it tailored in like the ones I have been studying in the 1910's.
I will have to a research post to show all the knowledge I learned! lol! ;)
My collar has lots of
My sleeves are too, loose, but the cuff is pretty!
Considering this started out as a lightweight bedsheet, and I drafted the pattern,
I think it is cute!
The skirt is lined with an old petticoat from the thrift store, and I used buttons from my stash.
I ope to make a sailor hat soon!